Sunday, December 6, 2009

International Day of Peace

September 21 is International Day of Peace around the world, and although I was back home in the US that day, my classmates at ICU celebrated with other students on campus. We all contributed songs that symbolized peace and peacemaking to us and explained the lyrics (many were in my classmate's native language, which isn't English) and shared why they were meaningful to each of us. In commemoration of Michael Jackson's death and his commitment to world peace, I suggested his songs Heal the World and Man in the Mirror.

We also had made a collective peace document where everyone in attendance was able to contribute texts and drawings of their thoughts and feelings of what International Day of Peace and peace in general means to each of them.

I am sorry that I wasn't there in person to help celebrate with my classmates, but I am glad that we have a lasting memory of the day in video that I can see and share with everyone! Below is a video of how ICU Peace Fellows celebrated:


Best,
JRG

No comments:

Post a Comment